Monday, March 19, 2012

Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey


I have to say that Downton Abbey has become one of my new favorite TV shows. This PBS Masterpiece Theater show is rich is historical drama and witty humor. Maggie Smith as the Dowager Countess brings wit and humor to the screen with her old fashion views and unflattering comments. It follows the storylines of both the servants and the Crawley family of Downton Abbey. The beautiful depictions of English country life pre-WWI and the changing time period in both technology and woman's rights are done so well that it feels like you're there back in time with them. I recommend this to any Jane Austen fans and those who love period dramas. Not to mention I enjoy seeing all of the costumes for the time period.

2 comments:

  1. I've only seen a few episodes, but I totally laughed my ass off at the second one. They played that off really well. (The episode where the guy dies, I mean!). Love your inspiration board.

    www.thatzannigirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That episode is hilarious! Oh Mary. *shakes head*

      Delete