Tuesday, May 15, 2012

You are a person, Not a size

Today I wanted to just get out what has been bothering me in the blogging world lately- 'thinspo' blogs. Living a healthy lifestyle of eating nutritious food and daily exercise is fantastic. I will be the first to admit that I don't eat as well or exercise as much as I should. Which is why I am going to start trying to get in better shape when I am not feeling so exhausted from work. A nice diet and exercise, we all know is beneficial to many areas of health. But the thing that really bothers me are that there are these beautiful girls and women who feel the need to starve themselves and overwork their bodies in order to drop all of this weight, usually unnecessarily, in order to feel pretty. I know this is a mental issue, but 'Thinspiration' should not come from tiny models and celebrities, but the want to be healthy. I am glad that some fashion/teen magazines are now starting to not use Photoshop on their images, because media has a tendency to send the wrong messages about beauty and social acceptance. So, today I just wanted to say that you are all beautiful, inside and out. xoxo <3

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Definitely agree. I'm trying to eat better and exercise more to reach a healthy weight, NOT to be super thin. Actually I'd rather be muscly and well-built.

    The Tall Blonde Artist

    ReplyDelete